Difficulties that the new comer in Toronto could meet?

You want to speak English with us? Here we go!

Difficulties that the new comer in Toronto could meet?

Messagepar kabi » Mar, 30 Sep 2008 17:44

Hello guys!!

I have a question for you :

As you know when we decide to move on and leave our place, for another one and as we begin in our new area we have a certain period of adaptation with our new environment.

Everyone is looking for better integration into the new life, to discover his new area, new people, new habitudes, etc…

So what are, for you, the difficulties that the new comer in Toronto could meet?

Is it to find a place in the labour market, the recognition of qualifications, to make friends, or is it other things.

Thank you for sharing your experience, that could help many future new comer to this wonderful city called Toronto.
kabi
Habitué
Habitué

Re : Difficulties that the new comer in Toronto could meet?

Messagepar kabi » Lun, 25 Mai 2009 19:42

so after 8 months, nobody answered..
hummmm is that mean there is no problemn at  all  ::)
kabi
Habitué
Habitué

Re : Difficulties that the new comer in Toronto could meet?

Messagepar Alexandre » Lun, 25 Mai 2009 21:00

Well,
Your question is so vast and the answer is already contained in the question as you will be facing the same problem as in other cities.
In Canada, if you have special diplomas (doctor, nurse, etc) it's going to be tough to get equivalences. If you do not come through a job transfer, you will need to get a low level job to get your canadian job experience. Then, after that, once you have a knowledge of the market, you can start looking around for your original job. This is even more true considering the economy nowadays.

I think the most difficult issue for a francophone would be to master the English language, as if you can go by with a basic level of English, a very good command of the English language will be required should you apply for managerial positions where you have employees reporting to you.

I guess this is all. The rest is pretty much not a problem.

Hope I answered your question.

Cheers. 
Je m'excuse, mais merde !
Alexandre
Administrateur
Administrateur

Re: Difficulties that the new comer in Toronto could meet?

Messagepar Canhca1221 » Mar, 21 Juil 2009 23:42

Vraiment bien!

Merci, c'est justement ce que je cherchais :P

Merci beaucoup :)

devis comparatif assurance voiture - Comparatif assurance voiture. Devis immédiat. Bas prix et adaptée. Devis assurance voiture.
Canhca1221
Touriste
Touriste

Retour vers English Speaking Board